I'm going to assume this is the same provider who did the CABG, and I would go with 32120-78.
I'm not actually seeing where they made a pericadial window, they say there is bloody fluid coming from the pericardium but I don't see them cutting into it. Unless I'm reading it wrong. Pericardial window for drainage is 33025 and based on my claim scrubber both codes can be billed together but based on what I am reading I would only go with the thoracotomy.
Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join