is the IV push a scheduled event? If so, you will not be paid. If not, does the patient present with symptoms or a definitive diagnosis of gastroenteritis? If signs and symptoms, use that diagnosis on the visit, the definitive diganosis of gastroenteritis on the IV push IF the doctor has documented the exam and the diagnosis. You may also just have a problem with the insurance carrier - some carriers (i.e. Geisinger) usually do not pay both office visit and procedure.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join