Medicare Claims Processing Manual Chapter 12, 18.104.22.168 E:
Only the physician who personally performs the pronouncement of death shall bill for the face-to-face Hospital Dischage Day Management Service, CPT code 99238 or 99239.
Incident-to is not applicable in the hospital setting so you would bill only for the services he performed, i.e. subsequent hospital visit.
Also, in the hospital setting, time is documented as military time (up to 2400 hrs), so it was most likely 11: am however you will want to verify that this is how time is documented in your facility.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join