I am causing myself some confusion and cannot find a straight answer on Medicare's website regarding the global period. My question is, does only the Physician who performed the surgery fall under the global guidelines or does his group as a whole? If we have another provider in our group see a patient during the 10 day global period for a follow up, say to renew a prescription unrelated to the surgery, is that still considered an E&M in the global period? Same for a patient who has just had an intrathecal pump implanted....if they are in the trial period, have come in within the 10 day global period and have the pump refilled or reprogrammed by another physician in the practice, can we bill, or is it considered global? I am aware of the 24 modifier, but that is for the same physician who performed the surgery...so in this case it would not apply.
Any input would be greatly appreciated....
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join