depends on what code you billedfor delivery -
Code 59409 represents the vaginal delivery only and does not include antepartum or postpartum care. If you billed this code then you should be able to bill for the discharge of the patient. If your payer is denying it you may just need to call and advise them that you were only the delivering physician.
Code 59410 covers the vaginal delivery with postpartum care, which includes hospital and office visits following delivery. This covers all hospital charges following delivery including the discharge.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join