question....have a case where pt had 3 previous revision surgeries including bone grafting to the proximal femur secondary to osteolysis.
Fell recently, xrays revealed grade 1 periprosthetic femur fx.
ORIF for right open periprosthetic femur fracture.
previous cables were removed, removed the cement mantle and recreated the femoral canal .Longitudinal traction was used to reduce the fx and an osteotome was used to control the fx and split the remainder of the anterior cortex right at the femur. A longitudinal incision mad distally about the knee, placed a 14 hole condylar locking plate on the distal femur, ran it thru the subcutaneous tissue thru the vastus lateralis to the femur. Fx was expanded by 6 cortical diameters. An anterior strut graft was placed to recreate the anterior cortex which was damaged. This was placed over the fracture site. Placed 3 Dall-Miles cables proximally in the usual fashion, k-wires on the distal end of the plate to hold it onto the femur. 3 more Dall miles cables were placed in both the proximal and distal ends of the fx. Once the fx was secure and the plate in adequate position, placed 5 screws distally and 1 screw in the metaphysis. Excellent reduction and external fixation.
Closed the deep fascia using #1 victyl sutures, closed the vastus lateralis using more Vicryl sutures then closed the subcutaneous tissue with 2-0 vicryl sutures and skin using staples.
27236 or 27506? we are not sure of either! thank you much.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join