The new modifiers EA, EB & EC go into effect April 7. I am still trying to understand when and how to use these modifiers. Does anyone know of where I can get information on this? My understanding is that we use these modifiers only when we code J0881 and J0885, and ESRD is not the diagnosis for the patient. Then we have to use EA for anemia, chemo-induced; EB anemia, radio-induced; or EC anemia, non chemo/radio. If this is correct, then that is an easy way to explain it to our other coders.
Thanks so much!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join