The Lap code you are looking for, I believe, is 43280. It shows as a coding error if we try to code the hernia repair with it, saying the hernia repair is secondary and not payable in this case.
As far as the "wedge gastroplasty", the CVTs I work with have never used this term before and when I search it I'm getting gastric bypass codes. Is that what they are doing? We don't do that here so I don't know much about it.
Hopefully this is somewhat helpful,
Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join