The HCPCS code, L8680, is billed for the actual implant with the units of service based on total number of electrode contacts inserted.
As you indicated, if your physician inserted two epidural neurostimulator octrodes (8 contact electrodes on each) in an office site of service, you would report L8680 x 16. If he had instead inserted a single quadriopolar lead (4 contact electrodes on each), you would bill L8680 x 4.
However, the CPT code for the actual physician work of inserting the lead is based on each lead and not per electrode contacts.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join