Below is a quote from a Medicare LCD (check the LCDs for your jurisdiction).
"An epidural (62311), transforaminal epidural (64483, 64484), sacroiliac joint injection (27096), or lumbar sympathetic block (64520) should not be performed on the same day as facet joint nerve block injections. Furthermore, only one type of a block or injection should be performed in a given session so that the effectiveness of its treatment can be assessed prior to attempting another type of spinal block or injection."
Other insurance carriers may have different regulations. So file your claims, wait for the outcomes, then educate your doctors.
Richard Mann, your pain management coder
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join