E/M 99201-99205, 99211 - 99215, are face-to-face time with the patient by the provider. Documenting time and using time to support a code for an office visit only works when greater than 50% of the visit is spent counseling the patient. Then the total time needs to be stated i.e.; "60 min. visit of which more than 50% has been spent counseling the patient on ............" or 60 min visit of which 45 min. was spent counseling patient on ........". The documentation needs to state which subjects the counseling was completed on.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join