The anesthesiologist would bill the 01820 and the surgeon would bill the 26650. If you are processing the anesthesiologists bill, you would use the 01820. If you are processing a claim for the surgeon, you would be using the 26650.
It would not be unusual for an anesthesiologist to place a block as well as use general for the surgical anesthesia. However, he would be reimbursed for both with the 01820.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join