I'm no expert on podiatry, but have some experience as we recently employed a podiatrist as well. The note isn't clear how many nails were treated, but look in the 11719 - 11721 area for some help. The doctor needs to be more specific with number of nails. Also, what kind of lesion? Debridement codes (11040 - 11044) require detailed documentation for the debridement. I hope this is somewhat helpful. It's a lonely world out there for podiatry coding!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join