I believe a diagnosis code of V70.3 with a CPT of 99080 for forms would be sufficient, no E&M code because this visit did not meet the criteria, no medical necessity is there; although I highly doubt that the insurance would pay for the 99080. The provider could have done this at his/her desk without the patient coming in just to have a form filled out. He could have used the recent physical as his supporting documentation to fill it out with. Front office scheduling needs to recognize when a request for forms to be filled out can be dropped off and returned later after the Provider has completed the task.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join