It is my understanding that you would still bill the G codes to Medicare for smoking cessation. The 99406-99407 were created for other payors. You can bill an E/M service (with a 25 modifier) with these codes but it must be distinct and the time spent providing the cessation services may not be used as a basis for the E/M code selection. Remember, your documentation for both services must be able to stand alone to support the services billed.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join