20610 bundles into 64483 with a modifier allowed. 77003 bundles into 77002 with a modifier allowed. So I think you have one to many -59 modifiers. Here is what I would do:
20610-59-(add a -RT or -LT here)
AND, kudos to you on getting lumbar disc disease right. Some people look in the ICD-9 Index and see DISEASE - DISC, DEGENERATIVE and end up with a 722.5x code, which is wrong. Dig a bit deeper and look at DISEASE - INTERVERTEBRAL DISC and you will find the proper 722.7x or 722.9x codes.
Richard Mann, your pain management coder
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join