Hello, I work for an Endoscopy Center and we use modifier 59 when the doctors ablate polyps or snare them, biopsy them etc in the colon BUT in different locations, IE the rectum vs the transverse colon. So its in the same region BUT different locations and we get paid by Medicare as well as all other insurance carriers each time. Im not sure I answered your question but hope I came close.
Laurie Masonheimer, CPC (just received certification last week!)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join