The person who told you that was most likely referring to what the insurance companies wanted you to code. Follow the ICD-9â€™s conventions: Look-up the bold main term plaque, follow the subterm artery, arterial-see arteriosclerosis, Look up the bold main term arteriosclerosis/ subterm carotid. In general coding sense you can use this code when the provider substantiates plaque in carotid. I am also using an ICD-9 2007 manual so I donâ€™t know how accurate this is.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join