The office I am with bills out Practice EIN and Supervising Dr's NPI in 24j, Supervising Dr's name in 31, Practice's info in 33. Our EMR autoloads this info. On the progress note it has the PA's name. Because the contract is with the practice and the doctor, we can't bill out under the PAs info without the claim being processed as out-of-network. None of our commercial insurers have had a problem with the way we do it, but I am curious to hear if anyone is doing it differently.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join