AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cpc exam review

AAPC: Back to School
    Quote Originally Posted by martinez_gabriela View Post
    I have great study material that I can email to you. Carol Buck is good! There's no need for you to purchase another study guide. I have 2 different ones and they were great! Just practice and practice! The good thing about coding is that you dont have to memorize anything, you just have to know how to code and bill. Practice helps a lot! Just email me to gabriela.martinez11@yahoo.com and I'll email you everything. Good luck sweetie!
    Hi Gabriela, i too am trying to prepare to take the test im a little concerned because i took the class from an independant source and there was no anatomy taught with the class. I have a good working knowledge of it and medical terms bcz i've worked heathcare for almost 15 years, but ...would you mind also emailing me a copy of your study materials as well. The more the better, i have the study guide and the practice exam from AAPC but if you have anything additional id really appreciate it. I dont want to put this exam off any longer, its already been 2 years since i finished the course. You can email me at sasanders_205@yahoo.com ... thanks in advance .. Shonda

Default cpc exam review guide

Quote Originally Posted by kathy pina View Post
    Where did you get the review guide by Carol Buck?
    i purchased it on amazon.com

Question Newly graduated student

I just finished my class for medical coding and billing. My next plan is to take the CPC exam. Can anyone please tell me some guidance especially those who already took the exam. what should I study like what reviewer book is best to use?

Seacoast-Dover New Hampshire Chapter

I would recommend the 3 study exams that the AAPC has on its website..Practice a lot..The study guide that they offer is ok..All the best for ur exams..

Default Cpc exam

I will be taking cpc exam next month. I bought 3 practice exam from AAPC. So anything else
    That can be very helpful on CPC exam

Default Exam prep

I will be taking the CPC exam in may does anyopne have any ideas what I should be doing to prepare for the exam? I brought the on line practice exams but feel like I need more.

Default Preparing for exam

I just recently purchased the study guide to get my certification as well. When i went to school for Coding in 2003 the certification that was provided to me was not recognized in the working world. I have been working as a medical biller for some years but do some coding in the office when needed. I have recently purchased the study guide through the AAPC to prepare for the exam. Do I need to purchase anything else to prepare. The previous posts have been helpful. Thank you all for such wealth of knowledge!

Back in 2011 I purchased a copy of the CPC Coding Exam Review by Carol J. Buck. It included a dvd with practice tests and answers. I printed out the answers and questions. Then every weekend until the exam I timed myself for 5 hours to complete the printed tests. By the time I sat for the exam 2 months later I could complete a practice test of 150 questions within three hours. It helps to be able to find your answers within your Icd9 and Cpt book. The exam itself is very long and quite tough. I passed!!! I resold my book on Amazon. Be careful of online tests from unreliable sources,the info is either incorrect or outdated. Hope this helps. KC LPNCPC
    Last edited by Hipoink; 03-16-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Default New Member

I am new at this but I work in Springfield and was wanting to know if there was anyway I could belong to there AAPC chapter since it would be much easier for me since I work up there. And I too am scheduled to take exam in May.

Hello there!

I just read your message and I will be taking the CPC exam in June -- I am rather upset as I felt I was misguided in my certificate program I recently completed. I

was advised recently to follow through with my certification through the AAPC. Would I also be able to email you for the above information? I followed the Carol Buck's publications in school and was wondering if that was better than the recommended study guide and the on-line tests also.

I would appreciate any advice you have and definitely HELP!! Thank you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast