Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Cpc exam review

1. Default CPC Exam
    Medical Coding Books
    Hi Gabriela
    I will be taking exam in Aug. and would appreciate it very much if you could email me study material that you have. I have ordered official study guide but I need all the help that I can get! Thank you very much.

Robin D.
    email: rpdoerfler@gmail.com

In order to pass the CPC exam you have to score 70 of 150 which means of the 150 questions to pass with a 70 you must get 105 of the 150 questions correct. If you are averaging 42-44 of 50, then you should not have a problem passing the exam!

Smile Preparing for the CPC Exam
    I recently received my certification from the AAPC in November of 2012. I prepared using the Study Guide from the AAPC. The good thing about this book is the tips it gives you to mark in your books. Any study guide you decide to use does not matter, just remember to practice and know our guidelines and know your A&P. The practice test from the AAPC are good to study by and there are others out there that follow the layout of the exams, for those who have never sat for the exam before. This test can be scary the first time not knowing what material is going to be on it. Practice with test that follow the layout of the exam will better prepare you for the test. Carol Buck's exams do not follow the exam layout but her material is very good to refresh yourself with: prefixes, suffixes and root words and etc. Good luck with your upcoming exams!

I am planning on taking my CPC-H within couple of months, I was wondering did you purchase the study guide? any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

5. Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby051 View Post
    I have great study material that I can email to you. Carol Buck is good! There's no need for you to purchase another study guide. I have 2 different ones and they were great! Just practice and practice! The good thing about coding is that you dont have to memorize anything, you just have to know how to code and bill. Practice helps a lot! Just email me to gabriela.martinez11@yahoo.com and I'll email you everything. Good luck sweetie!
    Hello Gaby;
    I read your great experience of the study guide material you have. Would you please send it to me as well to review before my exam. Thank you.

Default New Member taking exam April 13
    I am new to AAPC, I have been working as a Coder for a clinic in the town I live in. We have rural health status which means there are detailed rules for Medicare patients. I am a little nervous about taking the exam since the coding is a little different to follow these rules. I do have the CPC coding review from Carol Buck, I have found this to be helpful, just very nervous.

7. Default Help with preparing for CPC
    I have great study material that I can email to you. Carol Buck is good! There's no need for you to purchase another study guide. I have 2 different ones and they were great! Just practice and practice! The good thing about coding is that you dont have to memorize anything, you just have to know how to code and bill. Practice helps a lot! Just email me to gabriela.martinez11@yahoo.com and I'll email you everything. Good luck sweetie!
    Can you email that to me as we'll please ladykuntz75@gmail.com I am going to take my CPC also and need all the help I can get, if you don't mind.

8. Smile Study Material for CPC
    I will be taking my exam in June and would greatly appreciate if you could also email me your study material too, I'm hoping to pass it the first time. lisarartis@gmail.com

Thanks so much

Default CPC exam....
    Quote Originally Posted by deguwe View Post
    I am new to AAPC, I have been working as a Coder for a clinic in the town I live in. We have rural health status which means there are detailed rules for Medicare patients. I am a little nervous about taking the exam since the coding is a little different to follow these rules. I do have the CPC coding review from Carol Buck, I have found this to be helpful, just very nervous.
    I also work for a clinic with rural health status. I am taking my test in Aug '13. How did you do on your test? Were the Medicare questions confusing for you? I am a little nervous also because I am used coding for rural health. Melanie.

10. Default Study Guide?
    I too am scheduled to take the exam this month.....May 16th as a matter of fact....and I am having second thoughts about purchasing extra material to study for the exam. I am wondering if anyone can email anything that could help me in passing the exam. I am confident that I will pass but I like to gather all the information I can. I have been studying the guidelines in the CPT and ICD-9 manuals. Thank you...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast