Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Cpc exam review

1. Default
    Exam Training Packages
    i just passed my coding course online, but feel that i need extra help with some parts. any suggestions? i could use all the help i can get. I also just became a member of AAPC. I read on one of my emails that there are instructors available from 3 to 8 hours for help. How do i go about this?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby051 View Post
    I have great study material that I can email to you. Carol Buck is good! There's no need for you to purchase another study guide. I have 2 different ones and they were great! Just practice and practice! The good thing about coding is that you dont have to memorize anything, you just have to know how to code and bill. Practice helps a lot! Just email me to gabriela.martinez11@yahoo.com and I'll email you everything. Good luck sweetie!
    Hi, I just sat for the a mock exam and they gave us the Buck test, I practice with the AAPC test but I would like some fresh material if you have some anything would be appreciated. thank you. I sit on Aug 10th. skywaters80@gmail.com
    Katie

3. Default HELP CPC Exam
    What is the best way to go at this test. CPC exam upcoming October 2013. I need all the great advice that I can get. If you can email me: cynthia.hush@hotmail.com

4. Default cpc exam
    can you please send me the study guide for CPC exam and this mail ID
    saravanaraj16@hotmail.com

5. Default
    I am sitting for the exam in 2 weeks. I did one practice exam to get an idea of what it is like to sit and read exam questions for 5 hours and 40 minutes. I managed to obtain 90% in about 4 hours. But most of my time is spent coding charts rather than doing practice exams. I will also code charts for the next two weeks in preparation for the exam and was not thinking of purchasing more practice exams. You are all correct, this can get expensive.

I hope that this is not the incorrect approach to exam preparation. It seems that most of you who contribute to the forum are spending the majority of your time doing practice exams rather than coding charts.

I would think that actually coding the diagnosis and procedure codes in real charts would be better preparation. I guess I will find out in a couple of weeks.

6. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby051 View Post
    I have great study material that I can email to you. Carol Buck is good! There's no need for you to purchase another study guide. I have 2 different ones and they were great! Just practice and practice! The good thing about coding is that you dont have to memorize anything, you just have to know how to code and bill. Practice helps a lot! Just email me to gabriela.martinez11@yahoo.com and I'll email you everything. Good luck sweetie!
    My name is Virginia Back I also am taking the CPC exam on 5/10 and would greatly appreciate any and all help to prepare for it. The closest review class to me is over 2hrs away from me so that is not possible. My email address is kilingerback47@yahoo.com if you could help that would be great. I do have the Buck book also and continue to study and practice.

7. Default
    hi my name is Hetal. I just finish my CPC coding certificate from college campus. and just got membership in AAPC. i am planning to go for aapc certificate exam in august. I bought online test preparation part 1,2,3. is anyone know where can I buy study guide for low price?
    appreciate your help.

8. Default Thisit123
    I am preparing to take the CPC in a couple of months. I have ordered the practice test from AAPC. I heard that these practice test are very good to practice with before takeing the test. Is this true and if you used the A,B,C practice exam, did you pass the first time you took the test?

I took my CPC today. This is a board certification exam. I began 3 weeks prior to the CPC using the A,B,C practice exam. Looking back I should have started right away. Begin there and it will guide you with the rationale. I thought that you got only one try with the practice exams but you can keep taking them as much as you would like and study the rationale. I also sent you a private message. I hope it helps you. I am very worn out from the exam today. Please email me if you would like or message me. Use the study guide and the exams to prep. I am going back over them again just in case as this is not something a person can just cram for there is alot of parts in each manual to learn and try to reference into each manual.

Also I did over hear people saying the exam was harder this year. I have also seen that on different posts. Get the book Anatomy and Terminology for ICD-10 that book helped me even though I had only 2 days to read it quickly. It is something you will need for the ICD-10 certification, with most courses. I also got the Blitz videos. Those take a long time as you watch and then write in the manual. The bubbling and highlighting helped me. I code slowly.
    some go fast and I am not one of those people. Bubbling up the CPT helped me go a bit quicker.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast