Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Cpc exam review

Default Cpc exam review
    Medical Coding Books
    I will be taking the cpc exam in may, and i am wondering since i have the cpc exam review guide by carol buck. Is that good studying material, and i am thinking of purchasing the cpc exam guide.is that good material as well.

Thanks,
    marty 3073

Default cpc exam
    this is my email address: marty3073@yahoo.com

thanks.

3. Default
    I learned the hard way that there are two sets of books that have slightly different names, but have identical content.
    CPC Coding Exam Review: The Certfication Step
    Exam Study Guide: CPC
    have identical content

The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding
    Advanced Medical Coding Training: CPC
    have identical content

I purchased Exam Study Guide: CPC and Advanced Medical Coding Training: CPC from AAPC. I was annoyed as I thought I was getting different study guides and yet they have identical content with a different titles. The ones I purchased from AAPC I bought at the end of 2009 and they were on sale.

I mostly used the Study Guide plus purchased exams from AAPC. I passed on the first attempt, but could have spent more time studying and learning the guidelines in the CPT and ICD-9-CM, so I didn't have to refer to them while taking the test.

I took one coding course from a community college and have no on the job experience other than a little coding during an adminstrative externship.

Carol

4. Default Certification Exam
    I purchased the 3 sets of practice exam questions from AAPC and found that to be tremendously helpful. I too have no coding experience and took the AAPC CPC-H on-line course and took the exam one week after completion and passed. Make sure you know your anatomy and your CPT and ICD-9 guidelines.
    Good Luck!!

5. Default
    i took this course in 2007. i didnt have the money to take the state test but now i am ready. i have ordered the study guide, the workbook, and two practice exams i refuse to take the course again do u think this will help me refresh myself?

I am taking my CPC exam on April 15th. Does anyone know the score I need to reach to pass the test? on the 50 question practice exams I avg around 42-44 out of 50 questions correctly answered. Also where can I get the Carol Buck practice exam from? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Default Coding Books - '09 or '10
    Does anyone know if there are any CPT 2009 or 2010 and ICD -9 2009 or 2010 books I can borrow from the Jamaica chapter? My CPC is in a few days and I have them from 2008 which is not allowed..

Gabriela,

Would you mind if I also emailed you at your adress for your study material? I would really appreciate it. Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by OBoswell View Post
    I am taking my CPC exam on April 15th. Does anyone know the score I need to reach to pass the test? on the 50 question practice exams I avg around 42-44 out of 50 questions correctly answered. Also where can I get the Carol Buck practice exam from? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    You need to pass with an overall score of 70% or higher on the entire test. They don't do it by sections anymore.

10. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by marty3073 View Post
    I will be taking the cpc exam in may, and i am wondering since i have the cpc exam review guide by carol buck. Is that good studying material, and i am thinking of purchasing the cpc exam guide.is that good material as well.

Thanks,
    marty 3073
    Where did you get the review guide by Carol Buck?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast