We have a patient who had a D&E for Molar pregnancy 3/17/10. Path came back positive for Molar pregnancy.
Patient presents to OB/GYN office 03/31 complaining of increased vaginal bleeding, cramping.
US was done. Found some fluid collection and some irregular appearing solid components.
Patient was scheduled for 2nd D&E done same day 3/31. with indication molar pregnancy- retained products of conception.
Path came back from this procedure no evidence of Molar pregnancy/ no evidence of Product of conception.
How do we bill this 2nd D&E? Use the same D&E for Molar pregnancy code as billed 3/17?
And what DX do we use? Indication was Molar pregnancy and POC, but not founded by pathology.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join