For the carrier we use WPS Medicare on their site there is way to email them a question and someone emails or calls back to help clarify. In this particular case you might want to do this. Because you are saying if the Doctor did an RF of L2-L5 on the right side two times before the requirement took effect than he wants to do a third of the same levels same side after the effective date but the policy says only two in one year of same level same side. I personally think they could only start monitoring how many times the procedure was performed for dates of service after the effective date. But this is just a quess. If don't get another post that answers your question you could email the medicare carrier.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join