In our area, there are two hospitals; both have the same name(east and west campuses), but different towns and facility numbers. I need help coding admission, discharge, and transfer between the two hospitals.
For example: a patient is admitted to the East campus hospital on day 1, then discharged and sent to West campus on day 2. My problem is the discharge on East campus and the admission to West campus on the same day. How do I code a discharge/admit on the same day??? Use a Modifier 59 to unbundle?
Another example: a patient is admitted to the East campus, discharged from the East campus, and admitted to the West campus all in the same day. ?????
I have not entered or submitted charges for this one yet...not sure how to code.
The reason for transferring between the two hospitals is the West campus is better equipped for cardiac and renal problems than the East campus.
Thank you for any help given!!!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join