I have a situation where two of are doctors from the same specialty (cardiothoracic) under the same tax ID are doing a procedure together. Dr. A is doing a CABG while Dr. B is doing a Carotid procedure, normally performed by vascular surgeons. (Dr. B apparently is knowledgeable of and allowed to perform this procedure.) Would both these procedures be covered? How could I bill for this? Would I be able to use the 62 modifier even thought both surgeons are from the same specialty? Would Dr. B have to re-credential with Medicare under a â€śVascularâ€ť subspecialty, should he perform the carotid procedure? If there is any literature on this situation please tell me where I could find it.
Thank you for your help, I appreciate any information you can supply me with. Once again thank you.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join