Yes, patients are sometimes given EPO and filgrastim (Neupogen) at the same time. They are for different indications. EPO is ordered to boost Hgb/Hct and Neupogen is to increase the pt's white blood cells, to help prevent infection while undergoing treatment.
Determining whether or not to use the chemo admin codes is not determined by the pt's dx (MDS) but by the drug that is being administered. For filgrastim admin you would use 96372.
Len Hales, RN, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join