AAPC - Back to school

Thread: re: KForce

Anchorage, AK

Smile re: KForce

AAPC: Back to School
    Would anyone be willing to share their experience, good or bad, regarding working for KForce?

Hear great things about them.

Thanks for sharing!

Columbus, Ohio

i've only heard good things. at one time i was looking to transfer to another state and they were very helpful and tried to place me. luckily, i didn't move to another state but they still call about ever 3 months just to see if i plan on moving and need their help with job placement.

hibbing, mn

ive been in contact with them in the past had an over the phone type interview but the only 3 things i didn't have experience in the job was calling for...bummer..but i just recently got a follow-up call from them too...very impressed

they call me ever so often too and check in to see if I'm still looking. Very nice people.
    adrianne, cpc

Default K-force

I took the test for them and they said I didnt pass but wouldnt tell me on what. So, I asked for a different discipline (physician) and had a panel of my co-workers and CPC teachers take the test and again they said they didnt pass. So I am very skeptical of the methods they are using to grade the tests. At least they could let you know what was actually wrong other than -- YOU DIDNT PASS. I moved on but it did bother me.
    California Cowgirl
    Patient Financial Services Coder

California cowgirl I would like to know what they are using also. I have not taken the Kforce test but I did take two other test and was told I did not pass and would not tell me why, so I too had my co workers take the test and they got the same answers as I did.

Green Bay Wisconsin

Smile K Force

I took their test in the Spring of 2008 and passed. I worked for them for 6 months as a traveling coder. I didn't enjoy being away from home but I did enjoy working for KForce. They were all very nice and very helpful, The only reason I left was that a job became available 5 miles from home and I was able to be home with my husband again. But I'm very glad to have the experience. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to talk to you.

I too took the test for KForce and although the didn't say I failed their test they said that "although your scores are respectable they are not good enough" however they would not go into detail about what or why, but said I could retest in 6 months, don't see that happening

Baltimore, MD

I'm getting ready to take a coding test for an inpatient position where I have never really had any inpatient hospital experience, mainly coded physician and inpatient physician charges so I'm a little nervous. They said their test compairs to KForce's coding exam and Kiwi-Tek's coding exam, so if anyone has any insight or practice tests they can forward to me kabduljabbar1@yahoo.com that would GREAT!! Thanks all!

I work for KForce, they have been great for me. I was doing remote at home for them until I was in a position where I could travel. They have great pay and good benefits.