(These are my opinions and should not be construed as being the final authority. Other opinions may vary.)
Look in your CPT book at the parenthetical note under 64492; "(Do not report 64492 more than once per day)". You have billed 64492 twice in your example above. What CMS/AMA are doing is not allowing billing for more than three facet injections per session (or six if bilateral). If your doc does additional level(s), he will not be reimbursed for those level(s). In your example above, he gave the patient a free injection at C6/7.
Richard Mann, your pain management coder
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join