You are correct. The anesthesia provider would bill the anesthesia codes and the physician performing the procedure would bill the surgical code. For example, surgeon does an arthroscopic medial meniscectomy and would bill 29881. Anesthesia would bill 01400 (plus time).
OB might bill 59410 for delivery and postpartum care, anesthesia would bill 01967 for the labor epidural for the delivery.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join