Well, it takes some digging, but the first thing you need to do is find the information posted within this site. Click on the "Certification" menu and bring up CPC. Once there scroll down to beneath "prepare for exam", and you should notice the menu tabs, the last one "apprentice status". That should be a good starting point. Also there is some information in the FAQ menu as well. I was one who took the CPC exam two weeks following completion of our local college's medical coding/billing course with no prior medical training or experience.---Suzanne E. Byrum, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join