Cardiac caths have a 0 day global. You wouldn't be using a -57 modifier at all for the day prior.
-57 modifier is only to report the decision for surgery for e/m's the day of or day prior to a surgery that has a 90 day global.
An office visit that was done the day prior to the provider scheduling the patient for a cath wouldn't need any modifier on it.
Jessica CPC, CCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join