Here is the reply from Rhonda with AAPC (it's in the ICD10 forum):
To ensure employers continue to have confidence in CPC's ability to accurately code the current codesets, once ICD-10 is implemented (thus protecting all 60,000 credential holders), and that those credentials truly represent oneâ€™s ability to code under the current code set, AAPC members holding a credential will have two years to pass an open-book, online ICD-10 proficiency test.
â€¢You will be given two (2) years to take and pass, beginning October 1, 2012 (one year before implementation of ICD-10) and ending September 30, 2014 (one year after implementation)
â€¢There will be 75 questions
â€¢It will be open-book, online and un-proctored
â€¢Coders will have two (2) attempts at passing for the $60 administration fee
You may take the proficiency exam as many times as needed until September 30th, 2014.
Rhonda Buckholtz, CPC, CPC-I, CGSC, COBGC, CEPDC, CENTC
Vice President of Business and Member Development
American Academy of Professional Coders
800-626-2633 ext 183
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join