Hi! The removal of previous hardware is considered inclusive to the procedure because it's necessary to accomplish this procedure. And yes, the 27310 & 27340 are also inclusive to the hemipatellectomy. He did mention "extensive synovectomy". I wish he had added more of WHY the extensive synovectomy or debridement was needed.....was there excessive scar buildup where the previous hardware was? If he had dictated the "why" I would maybe consider adding modifier -22 to the 27350, all things considered.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join