It depends on the reason for the polyethylene exchange from my understanding. You would use the arthrotomy code 27310 if the surgeon is going in to clean out the joint due to infection.Tthe polyliner was only removed to gain access to the back of the knee. If the exchange is due to a mechanical problem then you would use the revision code 27486 with Mod 52. I was told this at one of the sessions at HealthCon
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join