You get 1 point for review and/or order clinical lab tests (one test or 40 tests - you still get just 1 point).
You get 1 point for review and/or order tests in the radiology section (you have both a CT and CXR - still just 1 point)
You get 1 point for review and/or order of tests in the medicine section (you have an EKG - 1 point)
I cannot tell from this documentation whether the physician personally viewed the image,tracing or specimen. If the physician had clearly documented that s/he personally was viewing the CXR or EKG (for example), you would assign another 2 points (no multiplier - personally view one or 40 xrays you get 2 points)
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join