I would also look into some type of auditing program if I were you. We just started an Internal Auditing Dept. at our facility about 1 1/2 years ago and myself and the other internal Auditor took an online Auditing program. WOW, the information we received was awesome. There is more to auditing than just the E/M's. You need to be knowledgeable of the proper way to research and find appropriate souces to provide education and feed back to your providers. We took the Certified Healthcare Auditor course and at the end we took the certification exam. The materials you get in this course can help you to develop your own internal policies for auditing. You are assisgned an Instructor who will e-mail you your lessons and that you are able to contact with questions. I learned so much it is unbelievable.
Trytheir Portal Website Address: www.aihc-assn.org
or contact them at:
Joanne Byron, LPN, BSNH, CPC, CHA, CMC, MCMC, PCS
President of the American Institute of Healthcare Compliance
Upholding a higher standard in practice management compliance!
Certification and Scholarship Non-Profit Organization
Toll Free: 866-571-5635Fax: 330-241-5662
Hope this is of help yo you. Good luck
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join