need help !!

1. Exclamation need help !!
    Medical Coding Books
    our PCP provider has seen a patient who had a sick visit with infection and rash and also was examined as follow up of auto accident for muscle pain(all in one encounter). the physician has the office notes very thorough.

can i send this claim to auto as well as to medical insurance. if so how do i split the dx.
    I think it won't be correct to bill both the insurances at the same time it will be double dipping.

any opinions and guidance/suggestions are highly appreciated..
    Last edited by EverythingCoding; 04-16-2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: spelling correction

What was the primary reason for the visit? How much time was spent with each issue? I say that you bill to the appropiate insurer based on the answer to the above questions.

3. Red face split bill question
    Quote Originally Posted by EverythingCoding View Post
    our PCP provider has seen a patient who had a sick visit with infection and rash and also was examined as follow up of auto accident for muscle pain(all in one encounter). the physician has the office notes very thorough.

can i send this claim to auto as well as to medical insurance. if so how do i split the dx.
    I think it won't be correct to bill both the insurances at the same time it will be double dipping.

I don't think you are double dipping, if one muscle pain is for the accident, I would split the notes and bill to both carriers.

4. Red face wound vac charges
    I have a question on 97605- wound vac.
    I have a clinic, that is providing this service, because homecare no longer will.
    It takes up to 2 nurses for around an hour. Checking with my education department, they stated it is in the global, but the clinic is stating that this takes a lot of time- and they receive no revenue? I see their point, but just wanted to double check. thank you, Lori

Quote Originally Posted by EverythingCoding View Post

If you have two separate notes, one for auto and one for health, then there is absolutely no reason not to bill both carriers.
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

6. Smile
    thank you for all the reponses. i feel much better billing for this now..

thank you