The incidental diagnosis located from the abdominal ultrasound or CT technique is the etiology of the manifestation-Abdominal pain. In a coding scenario such as this the abdominal pain is considered an integral of the robust diagnosis which should be coded first. Your incidental diagnosis has to be documented as the present purpose of the present service rendered.
I don't code anymore so were going to have to wait for the coders to wake up. Try asking abishard or KevinShields who have contemporary experience in the radiography specialty.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join