All cardiovascular nuclear tests and stress tests must be referred by a physician or a qualified non-physician provider.
All stress tests must be performed under the direct supervision of a physician.
The nuclear test components must be performed under the general supervision of a physician.
Use this link to find the full NCD/LCD for your locale. L26859 is the document ID.
Direct supervision in the office setting means the physician must be present in the office suite and immediately available and able to provide assistance and direction throughout the time the service is performed. Direct supervision does not mean that the physician must be present in the same room with his or her aide.
General Supervision - means the procedure is furnished under the physicianâ€™s overall direction and control, but the physicianâ€™s presence is not required during the performance of the procedure. Under general supervision, the training of the nonphysician personnel who actually performs the diagnostic procedure and the maintenance of the necessary equipment and supplies are the continuing responsibility of the physician.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join