Are these patients in admitted and discharged the same day? Your are billing two kinds of visits I think that is why they are kicking it out. Per CPT guidelines you only bill 99234-99236 if patient is admitted and discharged the same day. If the patient is obervation for more than the first day I code from 99218-99220 and 99217, if inpatient I use 99252-99255 if it isn't Medicare. If it is inpatient and is Medicare I code 99221-99223. I believe I am coding correctly, anyone have any other imput?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join