neither. We do not use the problem when the problem does not exist any long. If this is an aftercare encounter the use the V54.x code for aftercare following joint replacement. If it is follow up use a V67 code for follow up then use the V 43.xx code as a secondary dx. The difference between follow up and aftercare is that a follow up encounter is a surveliance of the patient and aftercare will state that some post operative management is being performed, such as a dressing change.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join