When doing billing services industry standard varies between 6 and 8 % of monies collected. For example, for may if you collect $22,750 for the entire month (this includes all monies collected and posted for the month including monies taken over the counter for copays, etc...) then your fee to the physician would be 6-8% of that total income collected for the month.
How you determine percentage is based on how much work you are taking on. If it is just one physician i would lean towards 8%, but if it is several docs then you can reduce your fee closer to 6%
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join