As long as your physician met the criteria for the level of E/M s/he is billing and a procedure note was done absoultely! The documentation of the two services must be able to stand alone to support the coding for separate and identifable services. If the reason for the visit was the consult and the doctor felt it was necessary to do the I & D than by all means you may bill both. If the reason for the visit was the I&D only than you can not bill separate.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join