The decison to perfrom cataract sx, would be a 57 not a 25. If your documentation states the pt was there for an eval of the non-surgical eye and not as a post-op, yes, you could bill for that exam. However, you would want to use a 24 (exam in post-op period) unless you were taking the pt to surgery that day or the next, then you would used both 24 and 57. Some will argue that you would assign the 57 either way because it's the decison for surgery.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join