Incidental findings are noteworthy occurances or conditions uncovered during the surgical encounter. Examples might include a patient who at the time of a hernia repair also has a spermatic cord lipoma. Sometimes these incidental findings require additional clinical attention and other times they may not require immediate attention.
Please note that under ICD-9 Section IV (Diagnostic Coding and Reporting Guidelines for Outpatient Services), item K, coders are instructed to code all documented conditions that coexist.
Hope this is of help to you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join