99051 is for services provided in the office during regularly scheduled evening weekend and holiday hours. Yes you can add this charge on for these visits. The response I get from most payers is that this is patient decision to be seen at this time therefor it is patient responsiblitity.
99050 is for services provided in the office at times when the office is ordinarily closed.
I have had numerous payers pay upto $45 dollars for this coded when it is appended to other services (such as the E&M) for that encounter.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join