AAPC - Back to school

Thread: preventative visit with ov

Default preventative visit with ov

AAPC: Back to School
    I am new to family practice coding and am learning alot very fast. I have been coding general surgery for 11 years. There is quite a bit difference.

I learned that some payers are allowing a Preventative visit with an OV if there are other conditions discussed. However, as a patient, I would think that discussing my high cholesterol or weight gain with my doctor at my annual exam would be part of preventative care. Our patients think that also. So when they see a charge for 2 E/M visits, they question it.

Is anyone having luck with billing this? I would like to hear other thoughts and opinions on this. Thank you.

Kokomo, IN

If you do a search on this forum there are numerous threads concerning office visits and preventive. Some very informative information is on this site.
    Anna Weaver, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
    Associate Auditor

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 07:42 AM
  2. Preventative Visit
    By Ann in forum E/M
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 01:24 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 08:33 AM
  4. Billing Sick visit with Preventative Visit Reimbursement