I am unsure why a provider would be billing chemodenervation of the same area (64613) every couple of days. If using Botox, this should last for 3 - 4 months. For the neurolytic destruction (64640) of peripheral nerves, those could well be different nerves, done on different days for the patient.
Since this is work comp, you should check with the work comp carrier - they need to approve treatment before they will pay for it, in most cases.
I hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join